Premium Calcium Montmorillonite
The Most Effective Clay We Could Find
For People and Pets
Binds to Heavy Metals, Radiation, Chemicals, Pathogens
and many other toxins
“Living Clay Minerals”
Beneficial for cellular detoxification of ~
Heavy Metals – mercury, aluminum, lead, arsenic, cadmium etc.
Pathogens such as – pesticides, herbicides, formaldehyde, PCB’s, chemicals, Teflon, plastics, vaccines, chem trails, dioxins, etc.
**Mercury amalgams - For those with mercury amalgams
consider the information here>>
Aids in ~
Bone strength – This clay contains 55% naturally occurring silica which helps move calcium into the bone cells, along with boron, manganese, iron, calcium, magnesium etc.
**Ganglion Cysts -
More info on Ganglion Cysts
**Potassium Levels – helpful in stabilization of potassium levels
**Acid Reflux -
More info on Acid Reflux
**Acne - More info on Acne
**MRSA - More info on MRSA
PERIODONTAL ISSUES - Teeth and Gums Unfriendly bacteria in the gum line is unwanted. Brushing with Red Desert Clay binds to this bacterium, and will help tremendously - much to the amazement of your hygienist!
Absorbs endotoxins from parasites When using a parasite cleanse, it is highly suggested to use this clay to absorb the toxins the parasites leave behind.
Video ~ How To Use Red Desert clay
Renewal and Regeneration ~ The Red Desert® Clay will help the completion of the transformation of the Light Body. The Light which the planet has received after the new millennium has helped to activate the DNA. The clay is helping the transformation of our DNA take place at a much higher vibration and much quicker.
Red Desert® Clay is available in 3 grades:
The intention of the Red Desert® Clay is to assist
in removing toxins and pathogens from the body,
to help prevent the proliferation of pathogenic bacterias
and parasites and to help build healthy tissues -
re-mineralizing the cells and building bone strength.
How Do We Do This?
Considering the toxins in our environment, there is no way around avoiding them completely. We all have to breathe, which means we are taking in exhaust, chemicals in the air, on our skin and in our food, as well as pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, fumes, depleted uranium, pollution from factories and water to name a few... all which we cannot see.
These poisons can bio-accumulate in the body, which means they
increase in their concentration over time… slowly contributing to chronic health issues; and then years
later we receive a diagnosis.
To Read More About Toxins Click Here.
Although we cannot avoid all toxins, the Red Desert® Clay will help reduce the toxic burden, and supply minerals to nourish our cells. Remember your cells are the building blocks of your body. If your cells are healthy, you are healthy.
Edible Red Desert® Clay, is a beautiful naturally occurring calcium montmorillonite clay, which Mother Nature deposited in the southwest desert millions of years ago. It is the clay of choice written about in magazines, books and on TV shows such as Discovery Channel and Animal Planet.
Red Desert® Clay is the clay which was used by US Astronauts in their manned space program. Studies at the university level (UCLA, UC DAVIS, Texas A&M ) were conducted on the effects of clay supplementation using various clays from all over the country. Red Desert® Clay showed unquestionable results.
Most clays are not edible, but are used in great diversity for industrial purposes. Approximately 90% of these are
sodium based and their elemental analysis is not intended for ingestion. Red Desert® Clay is a
unique premium calcium montmorillonite clay intended for internal and external use.
Many clay’s available are termed calcium montmorillonite.
However, they are not all the same.
What Does Red Desert® Clay offer?
1) Detoxification ~ Red Desert® calcium montmorillonite clay is often successfully used for removal of toxins from the body, i.e. heavy metals, mercury, lead, arsenic, aluminum, cadmium etc., chemicals, PCB’s, formaldehyde, radiation and other poisons.
If you are currently under chemotherapy or radiation treatments, calcium montmorillonite clay will likely contradict with your treatment, for its job is to pull poisons out of the body. This high quality clay is often used after these types of treatments – but always check with your doctor. Chemotherapy is a heavy metal – platinum. Calcium montmorillonite clay may remove this quite effectively… along with other metals that do not belong in the body.
Lithium is also in bi-polar medications, which calcium montmorillonite clay will most likely bind to.
2) Acid reflux symptoms – Edible calcium montmorillonite clay (it must be edible) will often neutralize
the overly acidic situation in the stomach which is often termed Acid Reflux. The majority of acid reflux
symptoms are caused by the continual consumption of an overly acidic diet. Eating a little Red Desert® Clay
will usually neutralize the symptoms quickly and with a little knowledge and information you can reverse
most acid reflux problems completely.
Read more about Acid Reflux...
3) Cysts – Cysts that develop such as ganglion cysts, are often an accumulation of toxins, which build up in specific areas of the body. There are certain premium calcium montmorillonites that have an abundance of negatively charged ions, and very very tiny particle sizes which can permeate into the bloodstream and scavenge out these toxins, often dissolving the cyst. Read more about cysts...
4) Bone Loss / Building Bone Strength – We need calcium, however calcium alone will not build strong bones unless it is taken with adequate amounts of magnesium, boron and plenty of silica in the natural form, Vitamin D3 and exercise. Magnesium must be present to break down the calcium so it can be properly assimilated. If you do not have the required magnesium, the calcium is not available to enter the bones and usually builds up as calcium deposits i.e. kidney stones, arterial plaque, gallstones, arthritis etc. Read more about Magnesium...
Red Desert® Clay contains over 60 elements, including a 10 to 6 ratio of calcium to magnesium, as well as boron, manganese and 55% silica which will help move the calcium into the bones. Also, a little bit of sun exposure every day will stimulate your skin to produce Vitamin D3, which is necessary in keeping the bones strong. When we are not receiving adequate sunshine, we supplement with Vitamin D3 (available on our shopping cart).
"Silica, as found abundantly in Red Desert® Clay (55.3%) is necessary for the absorption of calcium into the bone tissue. The calcium atom, under certain pH factors, can be overloaded with phosphorus, which may prevent it from entering the bones. Silica, commonly lacking in diets, is recognized to alter the configuration of the molecules, thus enabling calcium to enter the bone mass. This is most useful for re-calcification of the bone structure”
- Neva Jensen B.S. author, lecturer"
Shopping Cart >>
5) Restless Legs, Muscle Cramps – As mentioned above in item #4, when there is not adequate magnesium to break down the calcium, the muscles will tend to cramp. Magnesium and calcium work together to control muscle action. Calcium tightens the muscles, magnesium relaxes the muscles.
If you have cramps, in any part of your body, see if adding magnesium in the powdered form to your
regime is the needed nutrient to loosen the muscles. If you are dehydrated, potassium levels can be low
and this also can cause cramping.
Read more about magnesium...
6) Constipation, sluggish bowels – The Red Desert® Clay is excellent for helping to cleanse the colon. Some people find their bowels move better with the addition of clay however there are also some who find their bowels to slow down when adding edible clay to their regime as clay uses some of the moisture in the intestines as it moves through. In this situation, adding magnesium powder or Mother Earth Liquid during the day can help relax the muscles so all moves much smoother for you. Also, consider ground flax seeds, chia seeds, raw celery and other organic raw vegetables and even colonics to cleanse the bowels and improve this function.
A large percentage of people have a magnesium deficiency, since the body cannot store it and we are often not eating the foods that contain what we need. Magnesium supports over 300 body systems and helps dissolve calcium deposits as in kidney stones, arterial plaque etc.
Read more about Magnesium...
7) Diarrhea / loose bowels – For people and pets with loose bowels, ingesting Red Desert® Clay several times a day for one or two days will usually stop the symptoms. After that you can take a maintenance dosage of clay for the nutrients it contains and for the daily detoxification it provides. Always check with your doctor if symptoms persist. Purchase Red Desert® Clay
8) Bacteria – Premium calcium montmorillonite clay has an affinity for many unfriendly bacteria’s both internally and externally i.e. MRSA, buruli ulcer, E-coli, etc. The effects of clay in arresting unfriendly bacteria in the body is being researched at the university level. You will have to use the clay yourself and see how it works for you over the weeks and months. Also see clay paks below for external applications.
E-Coli & MRSA – Montmorillonite clay has a positive benefit when dealing with E-Coli and MRSA. Perhaps if we eat small amounts of premium calcium montmorillonite clay daily, we can stay healthier?
MRSA – Certain types of Clay Fight MRSA?
Newswise Science news
Arizona State University testing clay
**Flesh Eating Bacterias - How to Stop Them - Our Calcium montmorillonite clay is very effective against this bacteria, so you can use it in place of French Green Clay. MORE INFO
9) Teeth/gums/periodontal issues – Brushing your teeth with Red Desert® Clay once a day after flossing can do wonders for the teeth and gums. The clay binds to the unfriendly bacteria that lives around the gum-line. This is the bacteria that causes gum disease. Your dentist may tell you that the “pockets” in your gum-line have disappeared.
GUM INFECTIONS - When my daughters gum was infected while waiting for a crown replacement, she packed clay around the area 3 times a day. In two days the infection was completely gone, and she did not use the antibiotic.
10) Clay Paks – You can also make clay paks to remove bacteria on the skin, and to reduce pain and inflammation. We suggest using the Red Desert® Bathing Clay, for external uses since it is a less expensive grade.
For bacteria on the skin – mix several teaspoons of clay with water and apply to the infected areas
with a non metal utensil or your hands. Once the clay dries rinse off, OR if the skin is too sensitive, you can lay a piece of thin cotton
fabric on your skin first and apply clay to the cotton. Once it dries remove and re-apply as needed.
More info on Red Desert® Bathing Clay...
11) Facial - Take a few teaspoons of Red Desert® Clay, either edible or bathing and mix with water to a peanut butter consistency. Spread on your skin. Once it dries, rinse off. Notice the astringent affect and the nice skin tone. The clay will pull out toxins, and improve circulation bringing the blood to the skin surface. Purchase Red Desert®Clay
MEDICATIONS AND CLAY: Speak with your doctor or pharmacist regarding the possibility of this clay binding to medications you might be taking - i.e. chemotherapy, lithium and other drugs. Edible clay might interfere with the the absorption of time release antibiotics. Some people will eat clay after completing a round of meds, but check with your pharmacist. Don’t use clay during radiation or chemo treatments but ask them about taking this clay once treatments are complete.
The book The Clay Cure (available on our shopping cart) suggests taking clay 2 to 3 hours away from medications, which may work just fine, but do check with your physician or pharmacist first.
Stop eating clay while taking antibiotics, but take probiotics after completing a round of antibiotics to replace the beneficial flora.
BIRTH CONTROL PILLS - Ask your pharmacist if he/she feels the clay might interfere with the absorption of birth control pills; there is a hypothetical possibility, but this has not been proven.
What Makes Red Desert® Clay Unique?
Particle Size – Particle size is VERY, VERY important
The Red Desert® Clay particles occur in very small micron sizes – 70% are between 2 and 3 microns. For comparison, a hair on your head is approximately 75 microns in diameter. These tiny, tiny particles are small enough to permeate into the bloodstream to scavenge out toxins and leave behind minerals. Around 5 microns is small enough to enter the bloodstream.
This microscopic size allows for a huge surface area of clay to pull out toxins, this is very, very important. The smaller the clay particles, the greater the surface area available to cover a toxin; the greater the power to pick up toxins and the greater the amount of toxins, bacteria, impurities, pathogens etc. are pulled out of the body.
Dry Hot Regions – Clay mines found in areas where there is minimal rainfall and the temperatures are consistently hot are NOT subject to leaching of minerals.
Hot, dry air combined with hydrothermal activity keeps the clay ions in an “open ionic” state. Each particle of clay creates its own ionic field of energy, and each particle becomes an ion. This combination offers a tremendous amount of negatively charged ions, holding a very high ionic charge (which is measurable) creating a stronger pulling power for detoxification purposes.
Clay deposits found in areas where there is rain and/or snowfall will have a reduced ionic charge and mineral content, however, they will work just fine for external applications. Some are acceptable for internal use, and will mostly stay in the digestive tract due to the larger particle size.
The Red Desert® Clay mine is located in the the high desert near the California/Arizona/Mexico border. In this region, rainfall is minimal, moisture is nearly non-existent, and temperatures are consistently high. This combination of arid conditions has allowed the clay minerals to remain in an alkaline state, rich in silica and alkaline minerals, retaining their highly charged negative ions - which is why it is termed "Living Clay".
Silica, Boron, Calcium, Magnesium, D3 are some of the main needs for Bone Strength – The entry of calcium into the bone is dependent upon these and lots of silica. Red Desert® Clay naturally contains 55% silica - and this supports the entry of calcium into the bone cell itself. You also MUST have adequate magnesium to break down the calcium, so it will be available for assimilation.
Silica changes the arrangements of the atoms within the calcium molecule. Without the silica, which is often missing in the diet, calcium attaches to the outside of the bone but is unable to enter within the bone mass.
Vitamin D3 from the sun or supplementation is also needed for bone strength along with some exercise. We personally add additional calcium and magnesium to our daily regime, when we are not receiving enough of these minerals from our daily diet.
(available on our shopping cart)
Ph of Clay – The pH of the Red Desert® Clay is 8.3. Toxins create an acidic situation in the body. Eating alkaline food, alkaline water, and minerals as in the clay or other sources will assist in flushing the acids out of the cells.
More Info - Alkaline Water More Info - pH balance
How Much Clay to Use?
How much clay to use is a personal decision. For...
A word about bentonite clay, since people always ask about this ~
Bentonite is a trade name given to clay mined in Fort Benton Wyoming back in the 1920’s. The mine shut down a year later. However, the name “bentonite” stuck and just about everyone offering clay uses the trade-name “bentonite” no matter where the source of clay comes from. This trade-name can be misleading.
Sodium-bentonite is a common and highly utilized industrial clay and is also used for external applications on the body. The source of most “bentonite" is weathered volcanic ash.
Sodium-bentonite is not a mineral but a category of clay commercially sold as a swelling clay. The words sodium-bentonite and montmorillonite are often used interchangeably however they are not the same. Sodium bentonite is sodium based and calcium montmorillonite is calcium based.
There is one company offering a calcium montmorillonite clay however, it contains only .9% calcium – so I am not sure if this meets the criteria for classifying this as calcium based.
When purchasing clay from a health food store, you will find different clay products available with the words “bentonite” or “montmorillonite” on them. They are not identical and do not contain the same elements as the Red Desert® Clay. They will not have the tiny particle size or the high silica content.
It takes a fair amount of work to understand the different categories of clay and what the variation in minerals offers the body. The variation in minerals does not often matter for external uses as long as the “bentonite” has good expansion capacity.
Red Desert® Clay contains about 1 to 2% sodium, and this is the good salt.
Red Desert® Clay
Work in the Body?
Seventy percent of the Red Desert® Clay particles are 5 microns or less. When ingested, these tiny particles go into the bloodstream and bind to toxins, pathogens and unfriendly bacteria in your body, that are positively charged. The particles surround and bind to each toxin holding them in a colloidal state (suspended) until they leave the body through the waste elimination process, gently detoxifying and cleaning out that which does not serve the body.
At the same time, the nutrients from the clay, are transferred and absorbed into the body providing much needed essential minerals – nutrients for cell function and minerals necessary to aid in bone strengthening, boosting the immune system, raising the pH, improving digestion and metabolism as well as improving overall health and energy.
The best part is it is 100% natural and has been around for millions of years, right here on Mother
Purchase Red Desert® Clay...
To Visit Our Other Clay Pages:
FAQ – Red Desert® Clay
Red Desert® Clay - Bathing Clay for a Detoxification Mud Bath
Edible Clay for Pets Only
Edible Red Desert® Clay for People
Maryanne and Team
I-AM Perfectly Healthy is not intended to substitute for medical advice or treatment. It is recommended
that you consult your holistic physician, MD, ND…or a holistic veterinarian for your pets. The information
and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical problems. This
information is provided for education purposes only.